Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Treatment Paths


It seems there exist four pathways of cancer treatment.  On one end is modern Western technology of drugs and machines.  On the other extreme is alternative medicine that eschews drugs and surgery and trusts only natural means.  In the middle are “integrated” or wholistic paths that take into account both western and additional methods.

We have decided to explore our options by interviewing with three treatment facilities: the University of Chicago Hospital, Rush Hospital (colon center) and the Block Center (Evanston, IL).  This process began yesterday at Rush and will end Jan 5th.  Because we have chosen not to consider pure alternative treatment all three of these will begin with chemotherapy.  Rush (yesterday) said it would be six months, including 12 treatments in all.  All of that is depending upon my body’s reaction.

I am very intrigued by the Block Center’s CAM (Complementary Alternative Medicine) cancer treatment approach which Dr. Keith Block has been developing for thirty years.  It provides a distinct option and I feel blessed to have it here in our area.  Should you have a friend or relative with cancer it is worth investigating.
We are looking forward to the holidays which will be with kids and grand kids at our little get away in the woods about 2hrs west of Chicago.  Hope to get there and then get a foot of snow!!  I pray your Christmas will be as blessed as we anticipate ours to be.

I continue to gain strength daily and spend most of everyday in productive activity.  I am sleeping in my own bed that I have share with my darling bride for 41 years (March 21).

 In a few minutes I leave for Circle to spend a few hours meeting with my board.

Thanks for caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment