Friday, July 8, 2011

Catching up a Lucky #13

If you are reading this you are indeed a faithful friend, as I am rarely posting these days.  The reason being, things have settled into a boring routine.  This is, of course, good news.  There have been no major turns, no dramatic developments.

As I write I’m in the final hour of my 13th treatment, with my portable pump slung around my waste.  Since dropping the most toxic drug my energy levels have risen and my mind is clearer.  I’m excited about new developments at our ministry and the role I can yet play and feel energized by it.

You might be surprised to hear that I am working every day, full days.  Yesterday that included an evening meeting until 10pm (Lonni was at my side to monitor, in case you wondered)!   I’m even back to by hobby – a construction/rehab project, this one is a concrete garage slab and patio at our River House I’m getting to on weekends now and then.

How can a guy with stage 4 colon cancer be more blessed than me?!?  Friends tell me I look better than before – this, of course is cuz is down 75lbs!  Hey, if you used to be a medium shirt but are now an XL we ought to do a shirt swap!!  J

Last week I had CT scans and the tumor marker blood test.  I’d love to report that the TM number plunged to normal – but that did not happen.  But it did come down some (114 to 92; normal = 0.)  So, microscopic cancer still exists in my body.  The doc cautions that the TM alone is not definitive.  That brings up the CT scans.  In brief, there is no evidence of new tumor growth but there is a spot on my hip that the radiologist thought needed a closer look.  Late next week I’ll go for a PET scan.  Stay tuned.

My family, particularly my wife, is amazing.  She keeps me on target with diet et al.  She tells me I’m being a good boy; I tell her, and anyone who listens, that she is saving my life!  What a woman!!

Thanks to you all for your encouragement and prayers.  We remain hopeful and diligent in the quest to stay living!!

1 comment:

  1. still reading--thx for the update

    keep eating well!

    Kim in Tucson

    ReplyDelete