Friday, August 26, 2011

A Machine that Cheney Could Love


Well friends, today and yesterday were a day of scans and tests in preparation for next week.  One of those was with my friend and dentist, Mark Jacobs.  One possible (and remote) side effect of a med that I will begin next week can be jaw/gum inflections which can have very serious complications.  I was thankful that I cleared that hurdle but that stinker Mark found a cavity!! (I think there is a big conspiracy "FIND SOMETHING ON KEHREIN")  On Thursday and Friday I had MRI’s on my spin, chest and hips.  I had just watched an interview with Dick Cheney where he defended “enhanced interrogations”.  When I was in the enclosed MRI space for long periods of times I kept thinking – “Dick Cheney would like this machine.”

So now I’m all set for the appointment on Monday with the orthopedic oncologist at Rush University, following that on Wednesday (chemo day) we will begin the new course of treatment.  I’ll post the addition info on Thursday.

So how am I doing?  Yesterday I sat on a bench at Rush watching people bustle by, and thought “I used to able to walk like that.  They don't really know how great it is to do that!!”  So I look forward to getting that ability back and I will have another tremendous praise – walking without pain!!  So if you are having a tough day just think how blessed you  are to get out of a chair and walk/run at will!  That is just one of the many things I’ve taken for granted and now appreciate like never before.  There are many others like when Lonni and I lay in bed together we are so happy to have each other and another day.  I’m taking such pleasure in the fact that Cy is loving his new school – little things now mean so much.  I am so blessed – so are you, I bet J
  
So continue to pray for reduced pain and a good clear path of treatment to address this current challenge.

Thanks my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment